Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

So, I normally don't set New Year's Resolutions, but I thought I would this year. So here you go!
1. Read at least 12 new books this year. (I have actually already finished one) It should be a good goal because there are a lot of books that I haven't read that I really want to read. And this resolution is for books I haven't ever read before, not books that I am rereading.
2. Read my scriptures everyday.  I struggle with this sometimes, especially if I have had a late night. But the month of January is being spent trying to find a really good time to read them and just go from there. I have only a missed 2 days this month, so I think I'm doing better!
3. Read the Book of Mormon at least twice through. This one will probably be my hardest, but I am determined!
4. Write down impressions when I receive them. For example, in church, when something really stands out to me I need to write it down to remember it!
5. Make a green smoothie at least 4 times a week. Really struggling with this one because our New year has actually been really really busy, but Blake and I both want to do this to help us be just a little bit healthier.
6. Go to Curves 3 to 4 times a week. I was already doing this, so I want to keep on going! I love Curves!

And that's all I can think of right now. I think it will help me to stay more focused on the important things in life rather then just leaving it all up to chance. I am hoping to get myself into a habit with all of these things, so that I will just do them. But we all know how habits are...sometimes they are hard to break, but most of the time, if you aren't dedicated, then they just fall through the cracks. Hopefully writing them down and seeing them frequently will help me to keep up with them and just try to do a little better this year.

1 comment:

  1. Aubs, can you tell me more about the green smoothie thing? I think it would be good for me and the boys, but I don't know how to make them. Thank, love you!

    ReplyDelete