Sunday, April 4, 2010

God Bless America

With all of the unsettling things that are going on in this Nation, my thoughts have turned back to our founding fathers. They wished our Nation to be free and to be organized by a government, but not controlled by the government. In these troubling times, my thoughts turn to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Those documents aren't just words written on a piece of paper. They were written so that everyone who comes to America, and who are Americans, can know what freedoms and rights everyone has. The thing that keeps me positive about this Nation is what I believe, and what I have been taught. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has let us know that things will get much worse, but in the end we will win. The Lord is watching out of his righteous people, and knows what is happening in this Nation now. That brings me comfort. So, during these unsettling and unhappy times in America today, I say, "God, please bless America."

No comments:

Post a Comment