Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update on life

So, I haven't written in awhile. It's because I'm so stinkin' busy all of the stinkin' time!!! I started my internship about three weeks ago, and it is certainly keeping me on my toes. Plus I am working in the Microbiology department at BYU...so there are busy days. My BYU job is awesome because I can work whenever I want to, or whenever I can. It's so nice. I decided not to go to work this week because I just feel so worn out. I have to get up at 5 in the morning, leave by 6-6:15 to get to Murray by 7. And then I'm there until my trainer lets me leave. Sometimes it's only until 12 or so, but there are other days where my trainer wants me to be there until almost 5. Yeah...I have long days. And then, just to top it off...I still have weekly tests. During this rotation, which is Chemistry, I am blessed to only have one test a week. Some of my friends who are doing their internships aren't as lucky. My poor Sabita has 5 tests this week! Not really looking forward to that rotation (hematology). But all in all, I'm had a pretty good experience. The first few weeks were tough...I thought I wasn't going to make it through this internship. Basically, I hate the commute, I hate the inconsistency with what I'm learning from my trainer and what I am actually tested on (they aren't the same), and I get discouraged that I feel like the under dog compared to everyone there. One of my trainers this week noticed that I wasn't really happy, she told me something that kind of helped. She said, "we have all been students, we are still students, lots of things change in this career. Just hang in there, you of all of the students I have taught can make it and feel happy with everything." I have a test tomorrow, I hope I can do better then I did the past two weeks. I get discouraged, but that's when the Lord picks me up and tells me to keep going...It will all be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment